In the coming year our overarching goal is to ensure continued certification in the IB program. Given the state and district budget reductions, we are working to fund the following 3 IB program requirements.
- Library services staff – we have a fantastic library, but we’ll have to keep it locked until we can raise $10,000 to staff it.
- Spanish language instruction – As of this writing we have committed to pay for all Spanish instruction at the school for this academic year, and we have the funds to do so.
- Art instruction — this is also a key component of the IB program, but we need to raise an additional $22,000 to cover this part of the curriculum.
You can sponsor a class, a child, a week, a month or a year. Looking at the amounts above can be overwhelming, but here’s how they break down on a more personal level:
- 25 cents a day ($7.50 a month or $91.25 a year) pays for fall and winter art, Spanish and library for one child
- $50 pays for one day of library for the whole school
- $100 pays for one child’s art and Spanish for an entire year
- $125 pays for one child’s art, Spanish and library all year
- $250 pays for two children’s art, Spanish and library all year
- $500 pays for one week of art and Spanish