Sunday May 17 – Friday May 29th
It’s time to RUN (or walk) for the GREEN! This year we will all be doing our own running or walking to complete the Run for the GREEN! Just log 1 hour of walking or running between May 17th and May 29th, fill out this form, and you will qualify for a vintage medal from Coach Lord. Just that easy!
- During the week of May 17th, students may either run or walk for an hour or do a total of one hour over several days.
- All forms must be submitted by May 29th.
- Remember to wear your mask during the run (if you are outside of your house) and maintain 6 feet of space between you and anyone not living in your household.
- You can still get sponsorships between now and the time of your run by going to Pledgestar.com/alicebirney.
- There will still be an opportunity drawing for all Birney students and prizes will be awarded. Please be reminded that in order to qualify for the drawing, you must have at least $20 sponsorship. After the first $20, each $10 donation will provide you with an additional ticket(s) for the drawing. (ALL Kindergarten students qualify for 1 ticket due to a generous donation by an anonymous parent!)
- The drawing will take place the week after Memorial Day weekend. Arrangements will be made for all prize recipients to gather their winnings by mid-June.
- T-shirts have already been ordered! T-shirts will be handed out at the when the Opportunity Drawing prizes are distributed.
- Prizes includes a CHROMEBOOK, new bicycle, a guitar, tickets to laser tag, tickets to museums, and many gift cards to neighborhood attractions.
For fun, if you would like to post your Run For The Green spirit pics to share with all of the Birney community, tag @friendsofbirney on Instagram, or send us your photos and we will post them with your permission!